The Experts – What is the hallmark of a superlative Biryani?
A plate of mouthwatering Biryani is judged by its Aroma of Rice, Marinated Spices & Meat Cooked together on low heat.
Follow these steps to judge a biryani!
- Spread little biryani on side plate and the grains of rice must not stick together but remain separate.
- Meat must be well-cooked, flavoursome, succulent(Moist & Tasty) but not greasy, and must easily separate from rice.
- Biryani must be pleasantly aromatic and you must be able to smell delicate fragrance and mouthwatering aroma of marinated spices.
- Subtle flavour and taste of the spices must mildly and pleasantly come through, and must not be overpoweringly spicy, greasy or pungent.
- Vegeterians, Potato/gobi must taste as appetizing as the meat – that is the hallmark of a superlative Biryani.